Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Number 118

Doug has purchased vehicle numbr 118. He replaced his Ford 500 (purchased in February) with a 2007 Ford Escape. The excuse is that he really wanted an Escape when he bought the 500 but the dealership didn't have one he wanted then.
There was no discussion, no "I think I want to get something different", just an "I'm going to Mesquite" when he dropped me off after taking me to lunch today. Silly me, I thought it was for work. He has gone there to talk to the people at the Ford dealership about a program for the credit union a couple of times..... or has he?????
I came home and saw a different vehicle in the driveway. Sometimes, at least lately, that means he is showing a vehicle to someone else or driving a vehicle from one dealership to another. But for most of our lives (as our children can tell you) it means dad has found a reason to buy a new vehicle..... such as, "You don't need to have a van, you are alone in it most of the time", or, "We need to get a van so the kids can use it when they visit this summer", or the most used excuse, "They traded me straight across and it's more comfortable, it get better gas mileage, it has less miles, etc, etc, etc".

5 comments:

Emily said...

OH MY GOSH! Funny.

Scrappy said...

It is nice to have this blog to be able to see what cars you currently own. I am used to coming to visit and saying, "When did you get this car? I thought you had a ___."
Which is usually followed by one of you saying, "Oh, that was 4 cars ago."

Silly Daddy!

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

So true, Scrappy! And, I say you don't count it if you never drove it.

Roxanne said...

What would you say constitutes driving a vehicle? He drove it home from Mesquite, we ran some errands in it, then he drove it halfway to Salt Lake and back to Mesquite. I say it counts.

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

Yeah, I guess it counts.